Snowshoeing

Last week was the pitts. There was nothing to do all weekend. It was warmer than usual but that just meant that all the snow was melting and everything was soggy. I was looking around the room for something to do and my eyes came across my brand new snowshoes that I hadn't used yet. I decided to go snowshoeing. I asked Josh if he wanted to go and like the baby he is he replied no. That wouldn't stop me. I started to get everything ready and before you knew it it was a blizzard outside. Typical Logan. That wouldn't stop me either. Dustin and Josh thought I was crazy for going in a blizzard and they already started calling dibs on my stuff. But I was confident in my ability. I drove to a nice trail that I had read about and when I got there it was nowhere to be found. I parked and decided to walk around trying to find it. Fortunately another group of snowshoers had just pulled up and they knew exactly where the trail was. This was extremely lucky because I was about to head off in precisely the wrong direction. And so I was off. I got about 50 feet before my head started to get really sweaty so I took off my hat. I got about another 50 feet before my goggles started to fog up. So I took off my goggles. Finally I was on my way. After that I had no problems. I probably hiked two and half miles through an intense blizzard trudging my own path with no hat on and no goggles before I turned back. Remarkably I had a good time. It actually was a blast and I got some cool pics.

5 Comments:

  1. lauren said...
    wow! how did i not hear about this?!?!
    Eliza said...
    michael that is so dangerous. what were you thinking?
    Carlie said...
    I can't wait!...only a matter of days until we know where you are spending the next two years! Are you coming home on Wed?
    pam said...
    Michael. Your writing skills surpise me since I haven't seen you write anything since high school. My writing skills should surprise you since I haven't written anything since high school either (except grocery lists - and we both know how long those are). You should write more to practice for those long letters you're going to write me on your mission. Love Mom
    Alex said...
    Hey Mike, Nice video! I would film myself snowshoeing too, but it's way too dark when I go... Nice blog!

    PAiX-Yes We Can!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds